/*♥...♥...♥ ...♥: A Promise… from me to you*/

Friday, September 09, 2011

A Promise… from me to you

I’ve always wanted to change the vows I said during the wedding. Not because I didn’t mean it but rather because it was rushed and it didn’t contain everything I wanted to say. Also, I was rather preoccupied with last minute details, wedding jitters, and self-doubt.

Here’s what I said during the wedding:

Our vows

And here’s what I had planned to say:

We’ve been together 7+ years and known each other longer. You’ve been a friend, an ahia, a confidant, a good boyfriend, a supporter (for my hobbies), a sponge (to absorb all my emotional outbursts), a cook (because I can’t be one), a catechist, and a whole lot more. And I know that as a husband, you’ll be exceptional.

I know for a fact that our journey will not always be perfect. But even if it’s not perfect, I will always make sure to put a smile on your face before a day ends and to fill our days with happiness. I look forward to planting more trees in our little garden, catch grasshoppers and dragonflies, and show to our children our love through these simple activities.

Even if we have to sleep while holding umbrellas and crowd together with our children, I would still look forward to it because it would mean we’re one big happy family. And I look forward to getting old and super makulit, when we’ll reminisce about our adventures and laugh at my cooking attempts.

God has let us experience distance, struggles, and setbacks so that we will learn to love each other more, to accept our differences, and to adjust to each other. I thank God everyday that He decided to cross our paths. And I know that as we now go through life together, He will always guide us so that our love will last and leave a legacy for our children.

No comments: