/*♥...♥...♥ ...♥: No Bake Cheesecake*/

Saturday, May 26, 2012

No Bake Cheesecake

I was planning to make this:

Blueberry-Cheesecake

But couldn’t find blueberries. So have to settle with this:

IMG_8381

Made 2 cheesecakes – one for the office, the other for family. They taste good... but they don't look perfect. In my excitement, I used up all the strawberries, and I was left with a few ones for garnish...The end result looks like this (so much different from my oreo cheesecake before – which was my first attempt):

IMG_8383 -- these cheesecakes were not yet garnished by the leftover strawberries

All the while, I thought I have to mix the blueberries/strawberries into the filling. I did this with the oreo cheesecake and it tasted so good. But clearly, the first picture did not mix in the blueberries. So the next time I make one, it’ll be perfect na!

Recipe:

Crumbs:

  • Mix 1.25 cups crushed grahams, 0.25 cup melted butter, 1 tbsp sugar
  • Press in a 9-in circular pan (detachable bottom, if none, line with foil to easily remove the cake from the pan).
  • Chill.

Filling1:

  • Mix using electric mixer 1.5 cups cream cheese, 2/3 cup condensed milk, 1tbsp Knox gelatin dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water.
  • Set aside.

Filling2:

  • 1 pack all purpose cream (chilled) – whip at high level until volume doubles. Do not overbeat/underbeat. Otherwise, the fillings won’t hold. Also, I discovered, Nestle all-purpose cream is still the best among the other local available creams.

Fold together Filling 1 and Filling 2.

Get the chilled crumbs and put filling.

Chill.

Once chilled, add blueberry or strawberry.

No comments: